Big Bear Gear - River Tubing on the Delaware River
River Tube, Raft and Kayak Rentals on the Delaware River
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON - SEE YOU MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 2024
Open 7 days/week Memorial Day through Labor Day
Weekdays: First tubes out at 10AM, Last tubes out at 12PM. All tubes off the river by 3PM
Weekends: First tubes out at 10AM, Last tubes out at 2PM. All tubes off the river by 6PM
Reservations are strongly suggested for all trips.
- Walk-ins will be issued STANDARD tubes ONLY.
- There are NO walk-in kayak reservations.
- Walk-ins may sometimes be turned away if we are at or near capacity.
- Walk-ins may have a long wait.
We DO NOT accept cash at the tubing center. Credit card or debit card only.
Pets and service animals are not permitted as we can not assure their safety on the river.
You MAY NOT bring your own tubes or kayaks. You may bring your own cooler. Alcohol is NOT allowed.
Please fill out a waiver IN ADVANCE.
|Please note, the Big Bear Gear Tubing Center is located in Kingwood, NJ. It is not located at our store (which is located in Lambertville, about 15 miles south.) DO NOT USE Apple Maps for navigation. It will take you to our store instead of to the tubing center.
Please be sure to review our Minimum Age Policy before booking:
|The trip by tube usually can take anywhere from 90 minutes to 3+ hours depending on river conditions (the default reservation is for 4 hours, but your reservation is for one trip regardless of duration).
Big Bear Gear Delaware River Tubing Location
Delaware River Tubing In Kingwood, NJ, Near Lambertville, NJ, Frenchtown, NJ and New Hope, PA
About Big Bear Gear River Tubing
Big Bear Gear offers Delaware River tubing rentals and kayak with river access in Kingwood, NJ. This is convenient to all of New Jersey as well as Philadelphia and Eastern Pennsylvania. Enjoy a cool, relaxing and adventure-filled day floating down the beautiful Delaware River. We are the EXCLUSIVE Delaware River tubing operator on this portion of the river licensed by the state of New Jersey.
Your Big Bear Gear Delaware River tube rental includes a river tube and personal flotation device (PFD). Enjoy a 5 mile float down the Delaware River. The trip by tube usually can take anywhere from 90 minutes to 3+ hours depending on river conditions (the default reservation is for 4 hours, but your reservation is for one trip regardless of duration).Trips may be shorter when the river is fast. We cannot guarantee the duration of the trip.
The Big Bear Gear River Tubing Experience
After checking-in at the Big Bear Gear River Tube Center, you will receive a safety talk and receive a personal floatation device (PFD). You will then board our shuttle and be taken to the drop-off point, approximately 0.5 miles down the road. There you will be greeted by a member of our waterfront team and given your river tube and any other gear you rented. You will easily be able to enter the Delaware River at the path and stairs.
What To Bring On Your River Tubing Trip
An enjoyable day on the river starts with some advanced planning.
- Bring sunscreen. Reapply frequently.
- Wear a hat.
- Apply insect repellent.
- Bring a whistle to signal if you need assistance.
- Bring a dry bag (that can be fully immersed in water) to carry anything with you that can't get wet. Leave anything essential at home or lock it in your car or in one of our lockers. If taking valuables on the river, make sure they are in a dry bag and securely clipped to your PFD.
- Bring water, beverages and snacks. Lots of water!
- You must wear closed-toed water shoes or sandals. Flip-flops and bare feet are not acceptable.
- Wear sunglasses.
- Bring a waterproof camera (unless your cellphone or camera is in a waterproof case and secured to you).
- Bring a change of clothing and towels (leave this in your car or in a locker)
Big Bear Gear River Tubing Dates and Hours of Operation
We operate from Memorial Day until Labor Day. Kayak rental may continue into October and may start as early as the third weekend in May.
- Weekends: Last tubing trip must leave by 2PM and return by 6PM.
- Weekdays: Last Tubing Trip must leave by 12PM and return by 3PM
Our Rental Tubes, Rafts and Accessories
We have commercial quality river tubes.
Single Tube - Standard (open-bottom, backrest)
Single Tube - Standard (closed bottom, backrest)
Single Tube - Premium (closed bottom, backrest, 48" diameter)
Single Tube - Premium (mesh bottom, backrest)
Bring your cooler along!
Single blade river tube paddle measures 37” (92.5 cm) in length, complete with the black plastic shaft and single 11” (27.5 cm) red plastic blade
Tube Link Ropes
Tube link ropes are perfect for connecting to tubes, cooler carriers and canoes. Our black webbing strap 60” (152 cm) sewn with quick release buckles to quickly link/unlink tubes through tube handles.No more knotted ropes!
Big Bear Gear Delaware River Tubing Pricing
Big Bear Gear Delaware River Tubing Photos
(will open album in new browser)