Where to Tube
Delaware River Tubing Near Lambertville, NJ and New Hope, PA
For Delaware River tubing, Big Bear Gear River Tubing operates a tube rental and shuttle service from Kingwood, NJ, offering a 5 mile float down a beautiful stretch of the Delaware River.
You can also buy your own river tubes at Big Bear Gear and organize your own float.
The lower Delaware River is ideal for a day of relaxing river tubing, with only a few gentle rapids encountered in most areas.
We sell river tubes and floats at the Big Bear Gear store. For tube rental and shuttle, the Big Bear Gear River Tubing Center is located in Kingwood, about 15 miles up river. The river tubing center is NOT at the store.
To best enjoy your day on the water, keep the following in mind:
- If you are not using a tube rental and shuttle service, make sure you have two cars: one at the start and one where you plan to exit the water.
- Review a map of the river before you head out.
- Make sure you have a dry box or dry bag with you with valuables, keys, cell phone, identification and anything else you want with you. Strap it to yourself securely.
- Wear a flotation device at all times.
- Check the river conditions and local weather.
- Wear sunscreen and reapply frequently.
- Bring water and snacks. Bring a floating cooler so that you are prepared for the day.
- Wear a whistle and use it in case of emergency or to warn others.